Swinton Park a Hotel to stay in for a visit to Masham and the surrounding region of North Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
Swinton Park is a luxury castle hotel set in 200 acres of landscaped parkland near Masham, on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales. It has been a family home since the late 1800s and has played host to country house parties of legendary style and grandeur. Mark and Felicity Cunliffe-Lister are enormously proud to welcome you to join them to continue this tradition.
The earliest part of the castle dates from the late 1600s which has since been extended, castellated and furnished during both the Georgian and Victorian eras. The drawing room, sitting room and morning room are all graciously furnished with antique furniture and family portraits and offer the guest many a quiet moment to absorb the timeless elegance of an English country house. All 32 bedrooms are individually designed on the theme of a Yorkshire town, dale, garden, castle or abbey and enjoy fabulous views over the parkland.
For the perfect group or family retreat, sleeping up to 8 people, High Swinton Cottage allows guests to experience Swinton Estate in a unique and personal way. Situated adjacent to Swinton Park Hotel and Swinton Country Club & Spa, it’s an excellent way to enjoy the Estate’s amazing facilities from a cosy and homely environment.
Residents to Swinton Park Hotel and High Swinton Cottage receive complimentary access to the Country Club & Spa throughout the stay. Tranquil, light and airy, the Country Club & Spa cleverly combines old and new, reflecting its local environment and Yorkshire heritage.
The restored orangery in the grounds is home to a Bird of Prey Centre. The hotel runs a full programme of events throughout the year which include garden design days, garden lunches, wine appreciation lunches, history lunches and cocktail masterclasses. The surrounding 20,000 acre Swinton Estate is one of the best sporting estates in the country offering shooting (game and clay), fishing, golf and pony trekking, as well as a variety of cycling and walking routes. A private island complete with tiny Georgian summerhouse, in a lake in the woods, is the ultimate venue for a romantic afternoon a deux, or a picnic with family and friends.
The 3 AA rosette Samuel’s Restaurant within Swinton Park enjoys an enviable reputation for the quality of food served. The emphasis in the restaurant menu is Estate to Plate with seasonal and local produce, featuring fruit, vegetables and herbs grown in the hotel’s four acre walled garden. Afternoon tea at Swinton Park is not to be missed, served in their stylish public rooms with expansive views over the Deer Park.
Swinton Park Cookery School offers a wide range of half-day and one day courses designed to suit all levels of experience and ages. Run by Cookery School Chef Kevin, known for his appreciation of diverse food cultures and modern cookery, combining passion and enthusiasm for teaching with adept technical skill and an affinity with the heritage and flavours of the Yorkshire Dales.
- The Good Hotel Guide 2016: Editor’s Choice Award – Historic Hotel
- The Good Hotel Guide 2016: Editor’s Choice Award – Family Friendly Hotel
- The Good Hotel Guide 2015: Editor’s Choice Award – Wedding Hotel
- Guns on Pegs: 2nd Place in Good Shoot Hotel Awards 2015
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence – Swinton Park 2015
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence – Samuel’s Restaurant 2015
- VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2014 – Silver Winner – Best Small Hotel
- Trip Advisor Travellers Choice – Top Ten UK Hotel (4th) 2014
- British Cookery School Awards, Best Tutor 2014
- Best Small Hotel of the Year, White Rose Awards 2013
- VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013 Gold Winner – Taste of England
- Sustainable Restaurant Association Three Star Sustainability Champion 2013
- Green Tourism In Business Scheme Gold Award 2013
- Disabled Access
- On-Site Parking
- Access to Golf Course
Property Description – Booking.com
An exclusive 31-bedroom luxury castle hotel. With 4 Red Stars and 3 Rosettes awarded by the AA for excellent facilities, this is the highest rated hotel in Yorkshire.
Swinton Park is the ancestral home of the Cunliffe-Lister family and is set in 200 acres of parkland, lakes and gardens. The castle is surrounded by the family estate in which guests have access to a Bird of Prey Center, rivers, moorland and beautiful countryside bordering the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The restored Georgian stables have been converted into a state-of-the-art cookery school. The hotel has a civil license for weddings and 5 function rooms equipped for meetings, conferences and presentations.
The Spa and Country Club has a gym, an 17 m indoor pool and a hydrotherapy pool, steam rooms and a sauna. The spa garden offers an al fresco sauna and shower, as well as a 10 m outdoor pool with bio-filtered water. The spa has 8 treatment suites and relaxation rooms. It offers many beauty treatments, including manicures and pedicures.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Swinton Park has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 26 Jul 2010
- Top Location: Highly rated by recent guests (9.5)
- Want a great night’s sleep? This hotel was highly-rated for its very comfy beds.
- Breakfast Info – Continental, Full English/Irish, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, Buffet
- Free parking available at the hotel